Meridian School District has advertised to fill a newly created position of Restorative Justice Coordinator. This position has been created to give additional support for those who are working with students with behavior issues or other social emotional issues.
A summary of job responsibilities:
1) Working with students who have been suspended and following up with them after their return to school to ensure that the behavior doesn’t become a habit.
2) Analyzing data to catch students who are struggling with grades, behavior, and/or student attendance and then working with those students to find solutions to help them be more successful.
3) Working with victims and those who victimize students to ensure that those victimized have tools to not be victims, feel that justice has been restored and all students involved can learn from the situation.
4) Helping administrators ensure that all students (especially 6-12) have a trusted adult they can confide in and encourage students to be involved in school activities.
5) Lead “Students of Concern Meetings” to help struggling students.
6) Be a Liaison between parents, students and teachers working through a variety of issues with students.
Skills & Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work or related field preferred
Demonstrated professionalism working with educators, administrators, students, and families
Experience with developing and implementing behavior plans and interventions
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to collect, organize, and communicate data to make informed decisions
Comfortable balancing multiple competing priorities
Experience and training in CPI, Trauma Informed Care, or other models of working with youth and families in crisis
Ability to build strong relationships with students, families, and staff
Commitment to social justice and equity
Applicants who are interested in this position can apply by sending a resume, letter of references and credentials to Dan Brue, Supt., PO Box 347, 728 S. Wall Street, Macon, Illinois 62544. Application material may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline to apply is May 11, 2018.